Jambands.ca

Good jobs!

Fista

Well I am finally almost finished my undergrad and I am starting to look for work.

I'm currently trying to manifest an amazing job for myself and I was wondering if there are any awesome job stories that folks might want to share to keep the postivity flowing!

My sister studied Anthropology at Concordia in Montreal for 10 years or so. She just found a job at a law firm in Montreal that deals with human rights trials. She loves it so much and is working with amazing people and making a very decent wage.

Also, she is planning on heading to work in Afghanistan, and writing her thesis there.

As far as I know, a lot of the big job offers she was considering involved much traveling. One came up in the north west territories but I think she had to turn it down.

Anyways, do lots of hard searching, I'm sure you'll find something so fulfilling and exciting, that will make yours years of studying pay off.

Ciao

Steph

Good Luck Krista!!! I am looking for summer jobs right now!

Just believe U will find a wicked awesome job that is just right for U!!!!! yay!

I got a job counselor and she was really really helpful...Check the university or the web for job counselors!!!

and congrats Schwa on the raise! yipppeeee!

Thanks for all the heady job vibes guys, I'll let you know as soon as I find my dream job-I know it's out there waiting for me.

I'm sure Nanaimo has tons of work for anthropologists. You and Hal should come back here. :)

Done and done! Can we stay on your couch for the first 15 months or so??

are you sure you want an anthropologist living with you, dj? she'll just sit there and watch you. all day, and all night. she'll go thru your garbage. trace your footsteps looking for wear patterns. listen in on your phone calls, and use words like ethnographic and interactionist. she'll wonder why you stood on a chair, or used a brick to hammer in a nail. it all sounds like pure hell to me. ;) hehe

are you sure you want an anthropologist living with you, dj? she'll just sit there and watch you. all day, and all night. she'll go thru your garbage. trace your footsteps looking for wear patterns. listen in on your phone calls, and use words like ethnographic and interactionist. she'll wonder why you stood on a chair, or used a brick to hammer in a nail. it all sounds like pure hell to me. ;) hehe

I could use answers to those questions. Why the hell am I standing on this chair?