Jambands.ca

Howie Day/Oct 7/El Mocambo-Toronto

shainhouse

Tuesday October 7th

El Mocambo – 464 Spadina Avenue - Toronto, Ontario

Doors 7:00pm - All Ages - Tickets are $15 in advance

Presale - Friday @ noon through hdtickets.musictoday.com

Public onsale 8/23/03 through Ticketmaster

He's one hell of a gifted songwriter, and he gives it his all on stage. Incredible stage presence, mixed with raw emotion. go see this guy!

nice one, another howie fan!!!

i agree, this could be the best fifteen bucks ever spent. this show should not be missed, howie day is by far one of "the" most pleasant surprises i've ever encountered in my life. what this boy can do with an acoustic guitar and a couple of looping/effects pedals... absolutely unbelievable.

he's going to be touring with a band this time around, but i'm told he'll be doing some solo stuff within the set (that alone is enough not to miss this performance).

we were chatting a bit about him back in one of the recent tori amos/ben folds threads from last week. worth a peek if you've never heard of the boy.

quote:

Originally posted by PalacePrincess:

what this boy can do with an acoustic guitar and a couple of looping/effects pedals... absolutely unbelievable.

How does he compare to Keller Williams (whom FreekerByTheSpeaker and I are going to see in Vermont on Oct. 18 [big Grin] )?

Aloha,

Brad

Keller and Howie are different. Keller is a hell more talented and plays more complicated music. Howie is simpler and more emotional. Howie relies on how much he puts into his songs while Keller is plainly raw talent.

Plus, Keller is more acoustic and folky while Howie is a little rockier and poppier (like Dave Matthews). I still recommend him.

I can't go to the show because of my mom's birthday, but I recommend ya'll do.

Archived