Jambands.ca

Slippermen 4/20 show (Genesis)

Kanada Kev

Hey,

I know there are a bunch of things going on for skanks here on 4/20, however, here is one more to think about going to:

The Slippermen are a great tribute band out of Montreal who cover early/mid-era Genesis. They have played Toronto a couple of times already and have been a lot of fun, with great musicianship. They are coming back again and playing a gig at Hollywood's on the Queensway. It's cheap (only $10) and will provide a great soundtrack for such a special day :) Ollie is making the trek in from Ottawa, and i'll be there too. Hopefully some more folks from around here can come out too.

Here are some details:

Slippermen07.jpg

Slippermen Revisits Seconds Out - Genesis Classic 1976 & 1977 Tours

Friday April 20, 2007

Hollywood On The Queensway - 1184 The Queensway

Doors 7pm, Show 10pm

Tickets go onsale THURSDAY MARCH 15, 2007

$10 in person at Hollywood On The Queensway or by calling 416 251 0288

Preshow meet & greet will be held at The Hollywood On The Queensway beginning at 7pm. Hope to see you ALL there!!!

Band Info: www.slippermen.ca

Bar Info: www.hollywoodonthequeensway.com

There are only 240 tickets available for this show so book them early.

seconds_hi.jpg

Genesis-1977.jpg

They are also doing a gig in St. Catharine's on 4/21.

Right on Tim. How late do you have to work on Friday? They probably won't go on until closer to 10pm i'd think and play through until 1am. We might even be able to convince 'em to play a little longer .

Venue is just off the highway and you don't even have to go into the downtown core :)

Have fun if you can make it to either. Tell Marc LaFontaine (keyboards) that I said hi. He's a great guy.

Great time at the show last night. Fantastic way to party on 4/20 along with Ollie and Christine who made the trip in from Ottawa. Maybe I'll see you at the Silver Dollar tonight :)

Anyone around Ste. Catharines tonight can catch the Slippermen there as well:

SLIPPERMEN

Saturday April 21, 2007

Frado's

535 Queenston Street

St. Catharines, Ont.

Opening act wiill be : Seven Virgins and a Mule, Canada's only tribute to Emerson, Lake & Palmer. This is an all ages show.

Showtime is 8:00 pm. Meet n Greet will be held at the same location starting at 6:00 pm. Tickets are $15 and will be available at :

Eckstein Multimedia Production Services

1 Geneva Street,

St. Catharines, Ontario, L2R 4M2

Or reserve by phone at: (905)685-1234

Edited by Guest