Jambands.ca

Richard Lloyd (TELEVISION guitarist) @ Club Absinthe Hamilton May 11

paisley

just because I love the work Lou does helping spread the word

Hey again..

Marquee Moon is one of those records that often gets name dropped as a top ten record of all time. In very early days of Punk Rock, Television would become one of the most influential bands, ever

Richard Lloyd would become one of the most talked about guitar players for years to come. His unique style and delivery would make him a hero to bands like The Talking Heads, and U2.

Even though Tom Verlaine gets most of the credit for Television, Richard Lloyd is the silent, seminal visionary who really made those Television songs so extra juicy.

He also played guitar on tons of Matthew Sweet records, plus John Doe's discs too. A few years ago, he was asked to join the reformed version of ROCKET FROM THE TOMBS...hooking up with his good pal, Cheetah Chrome ( plays Club Absinthe on June 22nd!!!)

Last month, Reaction/Parasol Records re-released FIELD OF FIRE as a deluxe edition. I originally had the record in 1985, but Richard Lloyd musically revisted the disc in its entirity last year. So much fuckin stellar guitar playing all over this record!!!!!!

Being a huge Richard Lloyd fan, I can not wait to see him at Club Absinthe.

Here is the line up....

Richard Lloyd and the Sufi Monkeys (members of Blondes Inc)

with Special Guests - Edgar Breau and Bob Bryden. There is a possibility of one more special act to be announced soon.

Friday May 11th! @ Club Absinthe.

Do NOT miss this one!

Lou

I'm going to the Toronto show. Lloyd's work with Rocket From The Tombs and Mathew Sweet is fantastic. Television is in my Top 10 favourite bands ever.

BTW, Lloyd's special guest is Edgar Breau, leader of the underground 70's and 80's psychedelic garage rockers Simply Saucer.