Jambands.ca

Robert Walters 20th Congress in BC

bONES

RW20th Congress is coming up to BC for a couple of shows in the fall....

October 30th in Vancouver @ Atlantis

Halloween in Whistler @ The Boot

...anyone in the west who have not been to one of their shows had better get to these!!

Robert Walters 20th Congress is the bomb [big Grin][Eek!]

To be honest, the 2 times I've seen Robert Walters were very anti-climactic. It just didn't go off - plus there's nothing new there, just the same old New Orleans funk jamming - which I like, but I'd rather hear something new and fresh nowadays. He is overrated IMHO...

That having been said - check out this announcement from Upstream Entertainment:

quote:

We are going to be offering a FALL FUNK PACK with Galactic Oct 9th, RW and The 20th Congress 30/31, and Vinyl Nov 21,22,23!!! You get all Vancouver plays 3 (total) for a flat 60.00 through Upstream. Starting in mid Sept Onsale. Each show is 3 weeks apart through fall and RW and the Congress also has Wil Bernard and Motherbug (Heavy Groove) on the bill as well. It's also HALLOWFUCKINWEEN YESS.

nice!

Guest Low Roller

Well I am considering heading over to Vancouver to see my Sister later this year. I may try to make this show. Any more thoughts on RW&20th?

Hey Low Roler...Its totally worth checking out. I prefer Will Bernard and Mother Bug (supposedly opening??) but also enjoy RW20th. If you've never seen or heard them before, you'll dig it for sure. At least go for Will Bernard.

Oh, and Zony Mash is playing on Sept 21 at the east cultural centre. Its Acoustic. Don't know how that will compare to the full electric show they usually do (which is great)...

Here's an exerpt from my hookahville review:

------

“Robert Walter’s 20th Congress” was up next. This meant another dose of Joe Russo on the drums! I had not heard them before, but got what I expected. They played some good ol’ jazzy funk groove boogaloo but failed to hold my interest like the duo before them. We were, however, treated to a rousing take on John Lennon’s ‘Instant Karma’. Quite enjoyable.

------

So yeah, if you're in the neighbourhood, I'd go see them. I would think they would come off a little better in a club rather than an afternoon outdoor festival slot.

Archived