Jambands.ca

Santana at the CNE

ersh

Well... sort of.

I've been filling in on keys with this Santana tribute band for the last while... it's really quite fun.

Anyway, we're doin a set at the CNE today (Tuesday) from 4-7pm. It's an 11pc band (drums, congas, timbales, 2 guitars, keys, bass, trumpet, trombone, male and female vocalists). It's at the Labatt Stage (NW end of the grounds) and is worth checking out if you're into Santana (old and new) or just want to hear some good latin grooves.

What do we sound like? We sound like Santana. Come out and scream for "Crazy Train" so we can say "We're a Santana tribute band. We only play Santana"

cheers!

jeff

-

quote:

Originally posted by 'ersh:

Come out and scream for "Crazy Train" so we can say "We're a Santana tribute band. We only play Santana"

Why work on a Santanish arrangement of "Crazy Train"? Then plant some guy in an Ozzy t-shirt (black, with white 3/4 sleeves; if he a mullet, so much the better) in the audience to scream out the request...

Aloha,

Brad

CH,

I've gotten together and played with Jay Hay the sax player a while back... but as far as I know they're not playing as the Product right now. I'll look further into though. There's a couple live recordings out there from July 2002 I know of when I was still playing with them as well.

cheers!

jeff

Archived