Jambands.ca

NHL Free Agency - Official Thread

badams

Guest Low Roller

Fack... Gomez gets 1/5th of the Rangers salary?? He better be worth it. So what are the chances that Shanny re-signs in New York now? Maybe it will be Montreal after all for him...

Gomez is NOT worth that kind of coin, IMHO. THat's going to blow up in their face.

I'm very impressed by Philly's moves lately. I can't stand Clarke and that team, but they are really making the moves to have a winner.

Briere for 8 years??? And a "no movement" clause???? Sorry, ridiculous. I think those no move deals are the kiss of death (see McCabe, et al).

I do like the Blake move for the Leafs. It ain't gonna win 'em a Cup, but should be fun to watch him paired up with Sundin.

Yes! Leafs land Jason Blake... very excited about giving Sundin a winger... finally.

And you liked the McCabe signing. And you liked the Raycroft trade. And you liked the Hall Gil signing.......so I ask you this. Now that I just told you that Blake is going to be 39 in the last year of his contract, do you still like this signing?

I dont mind it at all... I did say that Hal Gil wasnt worth it after seeing him play.. Raycroft was up and down and will probably end up as backup to Toscala... as for McCabe, i wouldnt be surprised if he had a big year this year just as so many professionals go into the shitter after signing for big bucks... see Robbie Alomar in baseball and now Vernon Wells...

Guest Low Roller

Montreal picks up Smolinski (1 year, $2M) and Hamrlik (4 year, $22M). Not the blockbuster signings that Gainey was hoping for... Apparently Montreal was runner-up for both Briere and Smyth.