Jambands.ca

Im feeling great, thanks.

Hal Johnson

You know the nights gonna be fun when on the streetcar to the show you over-hear:

Guy: (angry, obnoxious tone)Quit staring at me

Girl: (same tone as guy)Im not.

Guy: Yes you are.

Girl: No Im not. Im blind.

Guy: (still in same tone) Ya, well guess what? I was blind too. For 6 years. Then I got laser surgury.

Ahhh Tarana...

I counted ten How ya feelin's at the Franti show last night. Somewhat disapointing, but you can tell he was holding back. Even dropped a couple of "how's Toronto?"'s at us, which I counted as halves. So lets say 11 that I heard. He might've thrown a couple more in there while I was smoking or using the can, but either way, it was definately in the under. They were even selling How ya feelin T-shirts, but I had spent all my money getting sauced. Story of my life. Anyway...

The show itself was f'n great! Ton of energy and the band was solid. I still dont know all that much of his stuff, but I did recognize a few tunes. He even did a cover or red red wine>get up, stand up> stir it up. Actually they played the theme to sesame street too. And aside from the ubiquitous "What I got" his choice of covers were pretty cool. Id definately see him/them again.

So thanks again for the tix there Bouche, we all had a pretty funtastic time. Dont spend too much time in Toronto anymore, so it was fun to re-connect with some old places like the Silver Dollar Room and The Bistro 422 (across from sneaky dees).

Thanks to Timmouse too for throwing those extras my way. My sister is visiting from Spain and was able to come thanks to you. Shes never even heard of Franti and loved it. Happy times all round!