Jambands.ca

Grateful Dead Radio - Sirius sneak peak

Kanada Kev

Sirius to sneak peek Grateful Dead Channel

Friday, July 27, 2007 at 07:40 AM

Filed under: Sirius Sirius Music

Grateful Dead ChannelSirius Satellite Radio will be given deadheads a sneak peek at their upcoming Grateful Dead channel from August 1st through August 9th.

Jam_On (ch 17), which normally is Sirius' home for jam bands, will be taken over by the Dead for this special preview (no worries, Jam_On's regular programming will return on August 10th).

The Grateful Dead Channel will officially launch sometime later this summer (which isn't too far away). The channel will feature music spanning the band's entire career with unreleased concert recordings, and special commentary from remaining members (Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, Phil Lesh and Bob Kreutzmann).

Other features will include memories and music from members of The Grateful Dead's tight-knit musical family tree, as well as rare archival interviews with Jerry Garcia himself.

Anybody listening to the streaming version of this. We have had it running at home pretty much since it started and have noticed that they are definitely stuck in loops.

Last night early evening was particularly bad. There was a 40 minute loop that was repeated at least 3 times in a row. Elvis Costello doing Ship Of Fools again and again. I'm new to this Sirius stuff. Do the stations loop themselves like this regularly or was this just a programming screw up.

Also it seems, now I could be completely off base here, that the Internet stream is not the same as the direct stream that you would hear on your Sirius Tuner. Can that be true???

Edited by Guest

That sounds like a programming screw up. I have found that most stations are running playlists that do repeat but hardly that often. It seems to be more day to day repeats, or constant Mule if Steph is dj'ing.

The playlist thing is the reason I didn't renew by subscription.

I have a Starmate for sale if anyone is interested in checking out the technology....