Jambands.ca

One Week Until New iPods?

\/\/illy

These little screens seem mostly useless for video unless you're desperate for entertainment during daily commutes. I enjoyed killing 2 hours on a car ride once watching a couple of documentaries that I downloaded from Google Video. Other than that, I haven't used the video feature at all.

The new iPod Touch, however, is getting closer to a more enjoyable viewing size. I'd order one now if they had at least 30 GB of space. They should have offered an HDD version.

My daily commute amounts to 15 minutes and Sirius Satellite has been taking care of filling up that time. Now with school back on, the traffic begins again so hopefully I'll here a little more Stern.

Over my last three years of owning an ipod, I've learned that some people just shouldn't have a portable electronic device with any moving parts in it whatsoever...As it turns out, I am one of those people...I've had hard drive probs with my 4G...Oddly enough if I crack open the case using guitar picks, unplug the HD and shake it, then put it all back together again, the problem is solved...At least the 4G was an easy iPod to crack open...Also, I had to replace the battery on my ipod a year and a half ago and now the replacement battery is starting to poop out too (it only gets about six hours life on a full charge)...

I was kind of let down that there wasn't a new higher capacity nano announced at the big press conference this week...I would have been more excited about a 16GB nano without video capability than an 8GB nano with video...

The iPod that looks like an iPhone without the ability to actually phone anyone is kind of neat looking though I've never had great success with touchscreens...I wonder if it'll fit inside my Matias Ipod Armor case...

I'm also thinking that there is a lot of competition in the mp3 player market now and maybe I should be looking to another company if I want a flash based music player...In essence, most of the internal components are the same on all mp3 players regardless of who's logo is on the box...It would be nice to have a player that integrates better with Windows...

Hmmmm....

Maybe I should just make Willy an offer on his old 60GB model...At least I know I could take it apart easily when it gave me problems...

I'd order one now if they had at least 30 GB of space. They should have offered an HDD version.

Bingo! I'd love a 160GB HDD-based iPod Touch. That would be perfect. Booooooo! You suck Apple!

I suspect that they want to wean people off of HDD and start buying Flash. I'm sure you'll see affordable 160 GB Flash in 5 years time, just enough time for your 500 GB iPod Classic to have run it's course ;) Or perhaps 160 is the end of the HDD line. Apple sure loves to flaunt battery life.