Jambands.ca

[FRI SEPT 7] HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY HOLLY (live band) in the Casbah Lounge

TheGoodRev

Buddy Holly is a man to whom every single rock and roller owes a debt of gratitude. He has been my greatest musical idol since I was about 6 and I've long admired and drawn inspiration from the man and his music. He was one of the first guys to write his own songs and then perform them with a band comprised of his mates. When he died at 22, he had left an indelible mark - as a guitarist, singer and songwriter - on the worlds of rockabilly, rock and roll, and pop musics.

So to celebrate what would have been his 71st birthday this Friday night, I've assembled a band of my own mates and called it The Good Rev. Overdrive & The Midnight Shift. We'll be playing two sets of raucous Buddy Holly classics, complete with blistering rockabilly guitar and heavy rhythm-and-blues backbeat. We'll be passing around the PWYC jar but other than that there's no cover, so come on out and celebrate the man's birthday with us!

buddy.jpg

Say Rev, this is pretty awesome what you're doing. Buddy Holly WAS the fucking man and I WILL come check out your show (which is nearly free) and have a drink because you're an awesome guy!

Hey, I also heard that The Spades, Two Hours Traffic, Hey Rosetta! and the Marble Index are playing next door in the Casbah venue, and that's added incentive to come down! Thanks for the heads up, buddy!