Jambands.ca

boink

bouche

boink = anyone can join and no ratio enforcement.

Waffles.fm looks to be the most promising of them all...identical layout and whatnot...however, like oink you need to be invited. A good thing, but it will just take longer for the community to grow again.

There is some shed of hope in all this though with news that the world's most famous pirates - The Pirate Bay - are working on an OiNK replacement site to be called called BOiNK. The big difference between the two will also be that the site will unfortunately be public, which will mean that anybody can come along, connect to a tracker and take a look at user IP addresses with minimal effort, making pre-release albums to hot to handle. Plus without requisite share-ratio enforcement there will obviously be no incentive to share and will undoubtedly mean that content selection and download speeds will not even come close to OiNK

• 1 month later...

Waffles.fm

STMusic

Boink.cd

So these are the front runners so far in our post-OiNK world? Any reviews?

I am heading home to my parents' place in a few days for the holidays, and unlike me they have high speed connection. I would BUY ANYONE A BEER who is willing to hook me up so that I can go on a XMas download spree!

STMusic is alright, except the page loading problems (sometimes I have to refresh a few times to get it to show). I was told its due to the overload of traffic since the pig shutdown. I dunno how true that is, but I know the guy who gave me my invite apparently had 26 of them a few weeks back and as soon as you join your are given two invites, so it may be traffic. I imagi9ne we should start seeing some more invites around here soon.