Jambands.ca

Duo from the film Once live @ Danforth Music Hall on Friday

Jaimoe

I know there has been a couple of threads about this flick, but I guess this is bit of a roll-call for the concert tomorrow in Toronto. The Once DVD comes out in December and I know that any of you that rent the film out of curiosity, praise or hype will wish that you went to this show. I can't wait. The film's stars, Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, call themselves The Swell Season and have been on all the late night shows this year performing "Falling Slowly", one of the most beautiful duets I've heard in a long time. The music and performances from Once haven't left my consciousness since I saw the film last month. In fact, I think about the songs every fucking day. I'll be submitting a review (of the movie and the concert) on Saturday.

406px-Onceposter.jpg

Please do. I got around to watching the film earlier this week. Darlene and I LOVED it. Man, does it draw you in or what? Great music. I think the expression on the sound engineer's face when they are in the studio scene in the movie captures how I looked when the music first started in the film. Real ear and eye opening stuff. The main characters' on-screen chemistry was priceless too.

Would liked to have seen that concert. Any recordings out there from their tour???

just heard the song "falling Slowly"

awsome

In the film, Marketa and Glen go into a music store and Glen shows Marketa the chords to "Falling Slowly" - she follows along on the piano. They barely know each other but they perform the song in the store. It's an incredibly moving scene.

'Once' is definitely in my top 3 movies I've seen in the past year or more. Great soundtrack too by Swell Season, or The Frames, or whatever they call 'em. Wish I could've gone to the show -- bad timing, plus I am broke and tix were $30+.

The Frames are still The Frames. The Swell Season is the duo, but a couple of Frames members sit in for some songs.