Jambands.ca

Can I Get Your Autograph? Warning: Frivolous!

Patchoulia

Cameron Diaz, world's worst autographer

NEW YORK (AP) — Colin Farrell has been named "best signer" in Autograph Collector magazine's 12th annual poll of celebrity autograph givers. The worst when approached by fans? Cameron Diaz.

"Colin is extremely generous with fans and collectors, and goes out of his way to sign for everyone he can at his movie premieres ... He just flat-out loves to sign autographs," said contributing editor Jeffrey Woolf, who helped compile the annual Best and Worst Signers list.

The 27-year-old actor has starred in Minority Report, The Recruit and Daredevil.

As for Diaz, the 31-year-old star of the Charlie's Angels films, Woolf said in a statement this week: "She might be an Angel for Charlie, but Cameron is nothing short of a witch ... when it comes to signing autographs."

The annual survey was released in conjunction with the first Autograph Collector Exposition and a celebrity memorabilia auction to be held this weekend at the Beverly Garland Hotel in North Hollywood, Calif.

The top 10 Best and Worst Signers, as listed in the October issue of Autograph Collector:

The Best:

Colin Farrell

Kate Bosworth

Asia Argento

Jennifer Love Hewitt

LeAnn Rimes

The Osbournes

Jessica Alba

Jennifer Garner,

Kelly Hu

Jessica Simpson

The Worst:

Cameron Diaz

Bruce Willis

Demi Moore

Orlando Bloom

Shannon Elizabeth

Janet Jackson

Catherine Zeta-Jones

Eric Bana

Hugh Jackman

I'm an autograph hound. Got SRV, Metallica, Paul Shaffer, Bobby McFerrin, Marc Garneau, Adam West, Joe Carter, Dave Winfield, Bill Frisell, David Copperfield, Dave Holland, and a bunch of others I either forget or are too embarrassed to tell of. I don't always ask for an autograph, but sometimes it seems okay. Used to have Bobby Orr and Robbie Krieger, but those are gone now...

Okay, I'll admit it. Somewhere around here I have a guitar autographed by Nikki Sixx. Thank gawd I held off on the tattoo.

Archived