Jambands.ca

I had fun.....

Northern Wish

I actually just this minute got in from the Chili Peppers at Great Woods outside of Providence....

I am so impressed with the stellar performance I just witnessed. This was a totally amazing show. They played every song you could ever ask them to play- around 26 in total, every song either jammed!!! (and I really mean discerning ear, play that phunk, don't give me no major chord progression jam) at the beginning or end, several teases of The Clash (Train in Vain, London Calling- pronounced!, and Bankrobber), a drum and trumpet jam with Flea including quotes of "A Love Supreme" and last but not least a smokin Under the Bridge/ Fire (Hendrix) encore.

I have to admit, that seeing lots of bands from lots of genres is about the only positive aspect to living in the US. But it is very exciting- in that I can really appreciate the nuances of the live show so intensely, that shows like these make me glad to be on the path I'm on.

"I may be going to hell in a bucket babe,

But at least I'm enjoying the ride."

Oh yeah, I'm drunk- Get It?

Sean

Admittedly there were some moments when he was pushing it to stay within the song, but he was wailing. The only times I noticed it were during some of the slower new tunes (The Zephyr Song and Throw Away Your Television). But for the most part he was perfect, the sound mix was great and wasn't just highlighting the vox.

All in all, I really didn't notice anything that took away from the show.

Sean

Archived