Jambands.ca

Anyone up for a little NYC in the spring? (ABB content)

Patchoulia

ABB rumours..the official announcement will (apparently) be out later today..

"The Allman Brothers Band will be performing their annual spring fling in New York City during the month of May. The 2008 shows will be between May 5 and May 28. The venue and exact dates will be announced early in the New Year."

"The Allman Brothers Band has announced that it will not return to the Beacon Theatre in March. The venue is currently undergoing renovations, which will push the group to another locale in NYC. Moreover, rather than the band's customary March residency, this year the ABB will perform in May. The group has confirmed that shows will take place in the window between May 5-28 and while no venue has been confirmed, speculation continues to swirl around both the Nokia Theatre Times Square (where Phil Lesh & Friends performed an extended stint this fall) and the United Palace on Broadway and 175th Street (where Neil Young is appearing later this week)."

I was never all that intrigued by the idea of hitting NYC in the middle of March for this run, but I think New York City in May for some Allman Brothers would be great fun!

It's not at the Beacon??? Wow! That's a long-standing tradition, and those are always incredible shows. There are just so many in a row, and they've been doing it for so long, that the crowd was always very cool. Just fans; and people really happy to be there. The band seemed to always play amazingly, too.

I am not even considering going, just due to life in general, but I hope you do!

I'm interested to hear where they play, though.