Jambands.ca

I've posted a couple songs on the interweb...

localcrew

Hi, i have a few new tunes and remixes of the older ones on my page now.

The tunes are all tributes to the Dead except for On the Road which is more of a breeze through the beat scene etc (brief and not in depth but I think catchy) and Memphis Hideaway is more inspired by the Dead scene that a tribute to the band.

I hope you enjoy them.

http://www.myspace.com/dcmuir

Merry Christmas all!

Thanks, sadly the instruments are not authentic. I have an acoustic, electric and a bass. The drums are played on pads I have that have pedals for kick and hat while all the keys, synths, orchestrations etc are done on my guitar with a midi pickup-kind of interesting trying to play a guitar like a piano let me tell you!

yes, sorry if I am vague- I wrote, sang and played all the instrument parts in these songs--I have about forty tunes almost as mixed and ready to go on a web page if I can get some help making one.....(and about forty more I'm still working on-it's a labour of love as I said on Myspace)....

Thanks, sadly the instruments are not authentic. I have an acoustic, electric and a bass. The drums are played on pads I have that have pedals for kick and hat while all the keys, synths, orchestrations etc are done on my guitar with a midi pickup-kind of interesting trying to play a guitar like a piano let me tell you!

I wanted to know what was going on because they sounded great to me. Better than expected for a home recording. The percussion sounds absolutely real to me. Are the pedals for percussion analog, or are they basically on/off switches? I'm very interested in home recording gear, but have very little knowledge on ways to pull off full band sounding recordings.

Playing around with Garage Band, I can manage the concept of recording a guitar track and asking Sharon to sing. But if I have to coordinate and generate beats and other instruments that I don't have, I feel screwed.

only sample that I have

Nice tune, sounds good! the trick is finding soft synths that you like. I have a Yamaha 55c for playing drum parts...google it....it looks like a toy but for the price and small footprint it works really well. More professional pads don't come with foot pedals and to my mind how can you play drums without them? It would be nice to have a full kit but I don't have the room for it...or the money to buy it for that matter....

I would be happy to give you any tips you may like for recording etc.