Jambands.ca

Looks like the rumours might be true

boogieknight

Led Zep to play Bonnaroo

Led Zep for festival

Legends to headline music festival in new year

31/12/2007

Looks like Led Zeppelin's appetite for rock is well and truly back.

We can exclusively reveal that the legends - who staged a triumphant "one-off" gig at the O2 this month - will be the headline act at the Bonnaroo festival in the US next year.

The festival runs from June 12 to 15 in Tennessee - and if all goes smoothly they may even hit the road and tour.

An insider told us: "This is the news that will drive their fans absolutely wild.

Advertisement

"They have been bombarding their website to get back together for good but only Robert Plant wasn't keen to commit.

"Now he's had a change of heart and if it goes well they are also talking about touring."

The band have a huge following and continue to influence today's young bands - sometimes in very mysterious ways.

Up and coming band Van Tramp were stunned when they realised they were rehearsing in the studio next to the legends. But Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were even more impressed. They asked a studio assistant: "Excuse me, who's that playing in Room 4? They're great!"

And when Van Tramp left that night they discovered their debt for the session had been cleared - most likely by their hero Plant.

The boys - Tim Howar, Patrick Mascall, Andy Tinning, Mike Potter and Guy Snelgar - were overwhelmed.

A pal of the band said: "They were rehearsing at The Ritz studios in Putney and couldn't believe their eyes when they realised that the men walking down the corridor to the studio next door were none other than Jimmy Page and Robert Plant.

"The band wanted to go and introduce themselves but they were too shy. But when they had packed up their gear and went to pay, they were told by the assistant that a certain long-haired blonde man had approached her at the desk and asked who they were.

"They believe Robert Plant then cleared their studio debt. They couldn't believe it!"

The indie rock group release single Help Me Make It next month. If Led Zep's opinion is anything to go by, it could be a very happy new year for them.

And it sound like Ashley Capps might just have some backpeddling to do:

onnaroo Promoters Quash Lineup Rumors

December 04, 2007, 3:45 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

After a rumor that Led Zeppelin and Metallica would headline the 2008 Bonnaroo festival caused an Internet frenzy in the past 48 hours, the event's promoters have spoken out to quash the reports.

"The rumors that are out there about the Bonnaroo 2008 headliners are inaccurate," Superfly Presents and A.C. Entertainment rep Ashley Capps said in a statement released to Billboard.com. "We're very excited about the lineup that we're putting together for this year's festival. We'll be announcing the confirmed lineup toward the end of January/beginning of February.

The source of the Zeppelin/Metallica rumor was an anonymous email included last week in industry commentator Bob Lefsetz's newsletter.

Its all rumors, but in response to the first round Ashley Capps was quoted all over the place as saying the LZ would absolutely not be playing the Roo.

I do hear however that Plant Krauss are confirmed. Not sure if that adds fuel to the fire, or it only confirms that idiots are not big on details and someone got seriously mixed up.

On a related note, the new Krauss/Plant album is an overrated piece of shit and I want my money back!

On a related note, the new Krauss/Plant album is an overrated piece of shit and I want my money back!

I heard that this album was pretty good....but then I saw what must be the new single/video the other day which seemed a little cheezy. I assumed it would be more like the bluegrass stuff she does than a combination of their styles.

I assumed the same thing, especially after it got good to great reviews and it ended up on alot of year end lists.

Talk about middle of the road crap. It takes until the 5th song before you can distinguish that it is either of them singing.........

Garbage!

Biggest musical dissapointment of 2007 after The Weakerthans Reunion Tour and Plasketts Ashtray Rock.

Edited by Guest

Sean, consider editing your Best of 2007 post in light of your new review.

Unless you meant it was good in 2007 and is now crap in 2008

heheh. Keepin' you on your toes.....

Plant and Krauss at Bonnaroo would be cool, but only if the songs were good. I haven't heard the album but if it's crap like you say I don't want Bonnaroo blowing their budget on them.

Removed; Also removed Levons cd.

Both were ok when listening to samples online, but once the whole package is taken in at once......

I should never review or comment on anything until I listen to it loud start to finish when driving by myself. Radioheads newest effort can be put into that category too.

Well you know.