Jambands.ca

Chris Benoit on the Fifth Estate tonight

Booche

Jaimoe told me about this today and I am now intrigued.

Its on at 9est on CBC.

You don't have to be a pro wrestling fan to recognize the name Chris Benoit. Last summer, newscasts and front-page headlines were filled with the story of the wrestling champion who murdered his wife and young son and then killed himself.

At the time, the focus turned to steroids and the part those drugs play in the pro wrestling world and in the life and death of Benoit and other wrestlers, many of whom died young. But, researchers studying the damage inflicted on the brains of pro footballers who had died by suicide turned to the case of Chris Benoit. Bob McKeown investigates their research and its startling conclusions.

McKeown was on Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown yesterday and the segment was so interesting that I emailed Booche this morning about it. I am watching this for sure tonight. I think they even cover the Mike Webster suicide - which was mention on Prime Time yesterday as well.

Edited by Guest

I LOVE the Fifth Estate

I've been watching that show since I was a kid (as it was one of my folks favourite shows)

lately I have been watching old episodes on the fifth estate website

A couple of episodes I watched were from young guys from Ottawa that died mysteriously. One was on John Connelly A Knock on the Door and the other was on Eric Wilson Just Another Missing Kid

very sad