Jambands.ca

Gary Louris of the Jayhawks, Golden Smog @ the Mod Club SUN MAR 30, 2008

TimmyB

Gary Louris is touring in support of his debut solo album 'Vagabonds.' The co-founder of influential alt-country rock bands such as the Jayhawks & Golden Smog, Gary has also recently produced the Sadies latest effort 'New Season.'

I have seen Gary on numerous occasions and I am very much looking forward to seeing as a solo artist for the first time.

Peace,

Tim

GENERAL ADMISSION

CA $20.00

Internet Onsale Info

Onsale to General Public:

Tue, 02/05/08 10:00 AM EST

JEFF COHEN & ATG CONCERTS

GARY LOURIS

LEGAL AGE 19+ YRS

MOD CLUB THEATRE

722 COLLEGE ST WEST

SUN MAR 30, 2008 DRS 8PM

• 1 month later...

I hope to see some of you out tonight at this the first Gary Louris solo show ever.

If you enjoy the Jayhawks and Golden Smog you will not be disappointed.

If you are unaware of those two great Alt Country acts then if you enjoy Blue Rodeo, Wilco, Son Volt, Uncle Tupelo, the Sadies, you will not be disappointed.

Peace,

Tim

The show was superb...The Sadies came out for two songs with Gary. I got the new album and I think I've listened to it about four times already this week, loving it! Gary came into the restaurant we were having dinner at and TimmyB went over and invited him to sit with us, so he did for a bit which was cool. He let us know that The Sadies were to join him on stage that night. He seems totally down to earth and looks great for a 50+ year old, sweet hair.

Tim you should do a full review!!!

Funniest point in the evening when right at the beginning when Gary first came on stage he played like two notes and looked at someone in the front row and said "what I've only played two notes and already your taking notes??"- and guess who he was talking about TimmyB!

Funny stuff- So yah Where's your full review Timmy