Jambands.ca

Before The Music Dies...

Baj

Sorry if this has been posted already, I tried to do a search on here but didn't find anything.

If you have not seen this documentary yet, find it and watch it asap !!!

Here is the website:

http://www.beforethemusicdies.com/blog/b4md

Some of my fav highligts from it are:

Erykah Badu's comments - hilariously wacky

and

Hearing Doyle Bramhall's story and the clip of him and Clapton rippin' it up...awesome.

For those of you that have not seen this I hope you get the chance to enjoy it as much as we did :)

GREAT movie!

I highly recommend this one!

Today's "popular" music is just outta control.. There's no musical quality, and this documentary really points out the faults and fakeness of today's music industry..

Along with the stuff Baj mentioned, a highlight for me was when they take a 17-18 year old fashion model and write a song for her to sing.. They show her in the studio singing it (or attempting to actually sing it and sound good).. And it's TERRIBLE, like real bad. Then they show how there's an auto-fix feature in the studio to "fix" her voice. It's crazy how a voice can go from out-of-tune to beautiful with one button.

Then they show her finished "fixed" song with her in a typical today's pop-star video.. It's hilarious! Her voice sounds great, and it shows how pop stars don't need any talent in today's industry.. Just a pretty face and sexy body..

But seriously, this is a great movie.. It's super interesting and will keep you laughing the whole time..