Jambands.ca

Jim Rome's take on the latest Clemens scandal

Jaimoe

Jim Rome / 4-29-2008

Roger Clemens’ attorney, Rusty Hardin, says while Clemens did have a long term relationship with country music singer Mindy McCready, it wasn’t sexual: “Mindy Mcready is a long-time family friend of Roger Clemens and the Clemens family. At no time did Roger engage in any kind of inappropriate or improper relationship with her.â€

Look, a 28 year old man having any kind of relationship with a 15 year old girl, is by definition: inappropriate and improper. And, as far as it not being sexual, McCready pretty much says it was: “I cannot refute anything in the story.†So apparently, that’s another Clemens denial that’s “right out the windowâ€! We’re supposed to believe you sent her cash, took her on lavish trips in your jet and partied with her in clubs because she was a family friend?! C’mon! Do we really look that ignorant to you?

Meanwhile speculation is, McCready is ready to start “bumping her gums†in an attempt to revive a career that was a blown apart by drugs, suicide attempts, an abusive husband, a “year in the canâ€, and charges that she assaulted her mother. Might was well throw the “sugar daddy under the bus†and ruin what’s left of his life in attempt to save your own. I like it! You should write a song about it…that’s about as country as it gets right?

Look, getting after it with a teenager, while married with two kids of his own…allegedly…doesn’t mean he was “roid’ing†or “HGH’ingâ€. But, it’s not going to help him in his defamation suit against Brian McNamee. Not when the suit is predicated on him being family man, man on integrity and a “Great Americanâ€. Again, it didn’t have to go this way! Take Clemens’ little buddy Andy Pettitte. He lied…then owned a very small piece of it…then offered up an insincere apology, and now he’s made out to be the “Great American†Clemens fancies himself to be.

Once again the cover-up is worse than the crime itself! Now if you don’t mind, I’m going to shoot over to Amazon to pick up some used copies of her CD’s…so I can look for those love missives in the liner notes.

baseball, chocolate shakes, lawnmower, big gulp, everywhere such as, basketball, the asphalt, therefore, clouds, gasoline, mud hammer, therefore, tv, dog, non-sequitor, carpet, drycleaning the Iraq, rack me, North Korea.