Jambands.ca

North Mississippi All-stars - T.O. next Wed.

Basher

Guest Low Roller

Their latest disc has been discussed in a previous thread:

quote:

Originally posted by Low Roller:

I bought the new NMAS album "Polaris" last week, and I gave it plenty of opportunities to impress me. Unfortunately it has run out of chances. I find only three tunes on the disc to be worthwhile listens, and the rest of the CD is pretty lame. Imagine a hard-hitting blues band deciding to do radio-friendly pop tunes, and that's what you get with Polaris: a bomb. And not the good kind.

Four words: guest vocalist Noel Gallagher.

I'm still gonna go to the show at Barrymore's, and it's at that point that I will be passing my final judgement on these boys.

I was very disapointed with their studio effort since they fucking rocked in that Bonnaroo DVD.

I haven't heard their new album yet but their previous efforts "Phantom 55" and "Shake Hands With Shorty" were pretty good.

I've seen them live a few times and never been disappointed. I believe they have a second guitar player now so it's not just a trio now. I have to work that night otherwise I'd be there for sure!

I've seen them live twice and met the boys on both occassions. They put on a great show. Highly recommended. They have added blues great R.L. Burnside's son as a second guitarist: Duwayne.

I totally agree with Low Roller. Polaris is very disappointing. So too was their previous album 51 Phantom. The only songs that ring true on Polaris are the two or three blues numbers.

They will put on a great show, but I think they are moving down the wrong musical path: classic 70s rock. When their 1st album came out " Shake Hands With Shorty ", they were immediately my newest favourite band. When I listened to Polaris, the Allstars have become a tragedy of musical career misguidance. THEY HAVE TO STICK TO THE BLUES. CLASSIC ROCK DONE BY BLUES ARTISTS SUCKS ASS!!!!!!

Archived