Jambands.ca

Scalpers now face $500 fine

secondtube

yep, can't even sell tickets for face or below...

I'm sorry, but the events we see, scalpers never rip anyone off...

i mean, if your stupid, you may pay 20 dollars over face...

but, if you have the slightest intellect, you can get the tickets for face or below, sometimes much below...

Scalpers get the tickets for much less than face 90% of the time....

Well, this sucks, ....

Oh, but dont forget, Ticketmaster can scalp now!!!

Scalpers now face $500 fine

Toronto — City Council has approved a new by-law that will see ticket scalpers fined $500 for hawking their wares on the street.

The by-law is aimed at scalpers who traditionally populate the sidewalks and walkways surrounding the Air Canada Centre, SkyDome and the theatre district.

The director of operations for the Toronto Blue Jays said the law would hopefully help attract more people to Jays baseball games.

"Families in particular won't have to worry about being harassed … or inconvenienced just coming to the venue to purchase a ticket," Mario Coutinho said.

But some believe the new fine will only curb a much-needed, though illegal, service that the scalpers now provide.

Some scalpers point to the difficulty fans have in securing tickets for Toronto Maple Leafs hockey games, many of which are already locked up by season tickets holders.

"There's a lot of tickets already sold and I sell them for half price," a scalper named "G" explained. "I'm actually helping the team out."

Another scalper who plies his trade outside the SkyDome said the practice should be licensed, rather than outlawed.

Spencer Martin said such a move would help regulate the aggressive behaviour that certain scalpers sometimes use to sell their tickets.

"I want them to issue a complaints department on us so that way we have our own individual number," he explained. "We get a complaint and we fight it in court just like a regular individual. Let's make this a normal society out here."

Martin added that the city shouldn't expect scalping to stop because of a $500 fine.

http://toronto.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=to_scalpersscalped20030926

quote:

"Families in particular won't have to worry about being harassed … or inconvenienced just coming to the venue to purchase a ticket," Mario Coutinho said.

hehehehe

Archived