google_ad_type = "text_image";

google_ad_channel ="9487450232";

google_color_border = "FCFAED";

google_color_bg = "FCFAED";

google_color_link = "003366";

google_color_url = "003366";

google_color_text = "003366";

//-->

Almost a year ago to the day, I went to a concert in Camden, New Jersey. The triple bill

featured Keller Williams, Ratdog, and the mighty Allman Brothers Band.

This August I made the trip to see pretty much the same concert at the same venue.

The differences this year? Keller wasn't on the bill, and

a different corporate sponsor has purchased the naming rights of the amphitheater.

We arrived at The Susquehanna Bank Center, (formerly The Tweeter Center) just as Ratdog was getting into

"Shakedown Street". The 7 pm start time was a bit early for us and Bob Weir & Company started only a few

minutes late. They played a long set that featured mostly Grateful Dead tunes ("Eyes of the World",

"Bird Song", "The Other One") as well as a couple of the more popular cover tunes the Dead used to play,

including "Queen Jane Approximately" and a very emotional "Morning Dew". Warren Haynes of the Allman Brothers

joined the band for "Bird Song", and stuck around for the encore. This being a Saturday night, the encore

was of course "One More Saturday Night".

I know there a few Bobby haters on this board, but I'm not one of them. I think Ratdog is a great

band and I always enjoy seeing them, but every time they've played the opening role. Someday

I'd like to take in one of their headlining shows in a smaller venue.

Ratdog setlist

Jam >

Shakedown Street

Loose Lucy

Queen Jane Approximately

Money for Gasoline

Eyes of the World

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

Bird Song >

The Other One >

Stuff

Morning Dew

Bird Song (reprise)*

E: One More Saturday Night*

* with Warren Haynes

Didn't get close enough to take good photos

Bob Weir

Photo by: Dave Alburger

After an intermission, the Allman Brothers Band hit the stage with little fanfare. They opened

up with "Hot 'Lanta" and "Done Somebody Wrong". By the time they ripped into "Midnight Rider", a

sense of familiarity overcame me - they've played this one last year! I wasn't disappointed though,

it's one of my favourite songs by them. Later on they played Van Morrison's "And it Stoned Me". They've

been throwing in some Van from time to time, and it's always good. Warren Haynes handles the singing of these songs admirably.

After a trippy "Dreams", most of the band took a rest while Warren and Derek Trucks picked up the

acoustic guitars. Bob Weir from Ratdog joined the pair in a mellow version of Dylan's "I Shall Be Released".

The obligatory drum and bass solos followed, and then "Mountain Jam". This seemed to go on forever,

but was very enjoyable. Out of "Mountain Jam" came a fantastic cover version of Led Zeppelin's "Dazed and Confused"

with Warren and Derek trading tasty lead guitar licks. It was a surprise to me that they chose to cover

the mighty Zeppelin, and the crowd really got into it. "Southbound" was the encore and the show wrapped

up just after midnight.

The Susquehanna Bank Center is a great venue for a concert, and it's beautiful right on the

Delaware River, with the Philadelphia skyline. I do have one complaint - having to pay $20 to park

in the shadow of a pile of industrial waste really stings.

Didn't get close enough to take good photos

Greg Allman

Photo by: Dave Alburger

Allman Brothers Band Setlist

Hot 'Lanta

Done Somebody Wrong

Midnight Rider

Gambler's Roll

And It Stoned Me

I Walk On Gilded Splinters

Dreams

I Shall Be Released *