Jambands.ca

Tonight in Ottawa!

Kitari

quote:

Originally posted by bruckstar:

I'll be out tonight,

I was hoping to do the rest of Dr. Hux's hair!!!

How about it?
???

Imagine if they all got curls...what a show that would be!!!
[smile]

I'm thinking of more like a Bride of Frankenstein or Don King thing, you know, all frizzed out and sticking out all over the place, as if he got a sudden electric shock, maybe from a short on stage while he was performing.

But, of course, to set out deliberately to make that happen would require extensive knowledge of the stage setup and wiring, and a convenient time when you knew he was going to be performing...

Aloha,

Brad

Oh, man it was fun. The Skanks were supposed to be the "intermission" band, but by showtime, things were a little unknown. The bassist, drummer, and keyboard player from Jambolaya got up and did some jazzy stuff for a little while, then the guitar player got up and things really took off.

After a usual first-set length, they started in on "Franklin's Tower", and the next thing we know, we've got a full-on set blender on our hands. Well, sort of...dave-O hadn't arrived by the time Jambolaya had left the stage, so Dr. Hux (bass), bouche (guitar), and Van Whelan (drums) worked out as a trio.

dave-O eventually arrived, got set up, and took it to a whole other level. I was getting a New Deal-ish vibe, but a little looser and funkier. They did "New Minglewood Blues", "Wolfman's Brother", and a serious tease/take on "Street Sleeper" (with a bit of "Long Train Running" thrown in for good measure). They were ripping it up.

Then Jambolaya started coming back on, and the fun went up to another new level. ISTR a get-everybody-back-onstage "Shakedown Street" later in the evening. Words fail me at this point; you had to be there...

Aloha,

Brad

Personally - I loved that Dave-O had the good sense to stop at the bar and grab a beer before joining the Skanks on stage! A true rock star!

I had a great time all! Thanks a bunch for the great tunes, another opportunity to heckle the bands and the chance to find a new favourite drink - anyone visiting Dekcuf should try the Twisted Rickey!! Loved my first and second and third (??) round!!

Archived