Jambands.ca

If you liked the band at Penn State last month

HaMike

"After a 13 year break the Grateful Dead will be reuniting the band for a major arena tour in the spring of 2009. During the tour Mickey will be attending exhibits of his art in key locations when the scheduling permits. Like many of his contemporaries Mickey is now branching out into the next obvious step in his creative journey. By exploring new subject matter and mediums he will surely amaze us with his art as he has done with his music over the last 40 years."

Does this mean they will be called "The Grateful Dead"? That's the only thing different from when they toured a few years back.

I don't think we should be too quick to jump to conclusions about what name they will be using based on this third party's website. I've even been at shows they've played post-2000 where they've been referred to as "The Grateful Dead" from the stage. I think that people who don't know just don't understand the distinction.

I hope they don't use the GD moniker too and agree that this being leaked third party is likely the reason GD was referenced. Look for the official announcement in December. 14 shows in 7 northeast cities during late April with MSG dates in early May. Other venues/cities rumoured are closing the Spectrum, DC, Boston and Albany in no particular order. I got nothing official but have heard this from more than one source........believe it or not. This will be the same players as Penn State, Jeff and Warren.

Edited by Guest