Jambands.ca

Well, things worked out, I got a jazz forum

secondtube

Over on sharingthegroove.org, where i have been spending a lot of time lately, i enquired about opening a jazz forum...

quote:

I'm pretty sure, from what i've seen, there is a large interest in downloading and sharing jazz shows...

Would it be possible to have a jazz board...

I still love downloading jambands, but with the amount of traffic we are getting here (which is incredible i must say), it would be much easier for people to find some of the great jazz music shared on here...

At least once in the least five or so major jazz shows shared on here, someone has upped the thread saying they missed out on the killer seed, and want to still get in on it...

The best part about having a jazz specific board would be setting up a jazz newbie post, where people could list there favorite jazz artists, and what jazz artists got them into jazz...

I know three years ago when i started listening to jazz, i would have saved a lot of time and money if someone could have pointed me in the right direction...

THere is SO much jazz out there, is tough to weed out the true gems...but when you find them, guys like, grant green or wes montgomery, who many people on here probably haven't heard of, we can share that love with new jazz fans....

Finally, i dont know of another jazz/jamband related board on the net. That in itself is enough reason for the forum.

Well, lets hear what everyone else thinks. Maybe i'm the only one who'd like this...

Well, after about 20 positive replies, all thinking it would be a gread idea, i got the response from the admin's.

quote:

Your wish is granted. I'll have it done by this evening.

Saaweeeeeeet.

So expect LOTS of great jazz coming our way...

Have a great day.

Nice work 'tube... like I said in another thread, keep 'em coming!

I too have been spending a lot of time at sharingthegroove, but not posting - just downloading.

It's the golden age of sharing music, let's enjoy it while we can [big Grin]

Good call !!!!!Jazz deserves to be heard! I too have been ravaging S-T-Groove and want to give something back! (I got the two SRV shows + your Miles in less than six hours yesterday!)

So once I read the FAQ's and get it together I'll be seeding some shows....mainly jazz but I have tons of killer shows by guitar cats like Johnny Winter, Hendrix & Robin Trower etc. I'd like to get out there...

I also have tons of Mahavishnu, Frisell. Sco'...

I'm also have a huge mainstream and avant-garde jazz collection with concerts from A-Z...

This is amazing! My PC runneth over!

Greedy N (B&Z)

ya...the Mahavishnu Orch looks 1st choice....I have 3 cds here...

-"live NYc'73" (I think it might actually be '72 since it's all IMF and no BoF tunes)

-"University Jam" Live'73 Amherst Mass. (2cd)

-Beverly theatre 11-8-84 LA (2cd)...

I have lots more on casette but getting them transferred will be a while..plus I'm looking for a new casette deck (however I'm being offered a nice white Strat ('62 re-issue) at the moment...so many pleasures, so little time...)

Patience mortal, you shall be REWARDED!

Just jumped on the LedZep Vanc'70 show...d/l at 100k/s

Onward N

quote:

Originally posted by B & Z:

Good call
!!!
!!Jazz deserves to be heard! I too have been ravaging S-T-Groove and want to give something back! (I got the two SRV shows + your Miles in less than six hours yesterday!)

SRV? now were talking, is it possible to still get these shows, I've been looking for some good live Stevie for a while.

Hey PT....I've got oodles of SRv....next time I see you I can give you some cds....I prefer the early years with the trio 83-4(it's all GOOD) but tell me what's your fav...there are two shows up on StGroove if your able to grab them, one from 85, and '90 (2nd last gig!!)

Take CAre N

Archived