Jambands.ca

RC: Allman Bros and Widespread Panic

Low rain

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/allman-panic-tour-extremely-sit-in-friendly/

Allman Panic Tour: Extremely Sit-In Friendly

Written by Scott Bernstein on 08.23.2009 | Allmans, Widespread Panic

The highly anticipated Allman Brothers Band/Widespread Panic tour started with two shows chock full of sit-ins on Friday in Camden, NJ and on Saturday in Canandaigua, NY. On Friday, Widespread Panic’s John Bell and Sunny Ortiz joined the Allmans for I Walk On Guilded Splinters, Trouble No More, Good Morning Little School Girl, and Revival. Former Allman and current Panic guitarist Jimmy Herring was added to the mix for Dreams and stayed out for One Way Out without Bell and Ortiz.

08/22/09 CMAC - Performing Arts Center, Canandaigua, NY

The Allman Brothers Band with Widespread Panic

O: Good People > Flicker, Papa Johnny Road, I’m Not Alone > Pigeons, Her Dance Needs Nobody > Jack, Bust It Big* > Jam* > Gimme* > Pleas, Surprise Valley** > Pilgrims, Chilly Water***

O: Hot ‘Lanta, Done Somebody Wrong, Midnight Rider > Rocking Horse, Desdemona, Ain’t Wastin’ Time No More, It Takes A Lot To Laugh It Takes A Train To Cry****, You Don’t Love Me*****, Melissa, Black Hearted Woman, And It Stoned Me******, In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed******* > JaBuMa

E: Southbound********

* with Derek Trucks on guitar, ** with Warren Haynes on guitar, Marc Quinones on percussion, *** with Derek Trucks on guitar, Warren Haynes on guitar, **** with John ‘Jojo’ Herman on keyboard, Chuck Campbell on pedal steel, ***** with John ‘Jojo Herman on keyboard, Dave Schools on bass, Chuck Campbell on pedal steel, ****** with John Bell on guitar, ******* with Jimmy Herring on guitar, ******** with John ‘Jojo’ Herman on keyboards, Todd Nance on drums, Jimmy Herring on guitar, Chuck Campbell on pedal steel

08/21/09 Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden, NJ

The Allman Brothers Band with Widespread Panic

O: Little Kin > Radio Child, Up All Night, Can’t Get High > Fishwater > Christmas Katie >Travelin’ Light > Diner > Space Wrangler, Blackout Blues, Junior > You Should Be Glad, Tall Boy, Climb To Safety

O: Statesboro Blues > Les Brers In A Minor, Come And Go Blues, The Sky is Cryin’, Don’t Keep Me Wondering, I Walk On Guilded Splinters*, Trouble No More*, Good Morning Little School Girl*, Revival*, The Weight, Dreams**, One Way Out***

E: Whipping Post

* with John Bell on guitar, Domingo Ortiz on percussion, ** with John Bell on guitar, Jimmy Herring on guitar, Domingo Ortiz on percussion, *** with Jimmy Herring on guitar [via allmanbrothersband.com's forum]

ABB = awesome! I really enjoyed the covers that I wasn't expecting...It takes a train to cry w/JJ, And it stoned me w/JB. desdemona keeps getting better.

WSP's set was meh. 3 drummers and 3-4 guitars on stage made for too much noise with no definition.

however, i got my Jack and Pilgrims was nice.

Woohoo!

now back to work, summer's over for this girl. (POSTED BY PHORBESIE - OOPS!)

Edited by Guest

If ya need a little WSP/ABB fix, there's a nice mix here:

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/stormy-mondays-allmanspanic-mix/

Stormy Mondays: Allmans/Panic Mix

Since we’re right in the heart of a Widespread Panic/Allman Brothers Band double bill that so far has featured big, long sets from both acts, along with about as much cross pollination as anyone could hope for, this week’s Stormy Monday tips its hat to the Georgia rockers.

cms_image_28978-343x400.jpg

The first cut is Jimmy Herring’s opening notes as lead guitar in WSP, Pleas > Imitation Leather Shoes from Radio City in the fall of ‘06 - a brilliant moment. Following that, the Allmans give a nice Revival, and then a scorching Jessica from upstate New York last Summer, followed by JB and Jimmy sitting in with ABB for Can’t Find My Way Home at the Beacon last spring. Finally, it’s back to Panic for the show capper from Rochester in the spring of 1997, Pilgrims > No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature. It’s a monster jam to finish a monster show, one certainly worth hunting out if it’s not already in your collection. As always, enjoy!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THIS WEEK’S MIX

Edited by Guest

Big Wolly Mammoth and I were at that Rochester show. It was stellar! We ended up backstage having a few beers and partying with some of the guys. I remember us talking to John Bell commenting on the Canadian content in the set with the Guess Who set closer. He then mentioned to us that they were booked to OPEN for the Grateful Dead for the 2 shows at Skydome for the Fall Tour in 95 :(

If you want the complete show, you can grab it here:

Widespread Panic - 1997-04-29 - Rochester Auditorium, Rochester, NY

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i0rcz3

1: C. Brown, Glory > Weight Of The World, Dyin' Man > Galleon > Diner > Jam > Send Your Mind, Jack, Chilly Water

2: Let's Get Down To Business, Radio Child > Can't Get High, Smoke And Burn, Happy > Hatfield > I Walk On Guilded Splinters > Drums

> Pilgrims > No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature

E: The Take Out > Porch Song