Jambands.ca

Kevin Breit & Sisters Euclid tonight

DevO

I went.... HOLY FUCKING CHRIST!!! (can i say 'christ'?) I was completely blown away by Kevin Breit - almost as equally as I was for Don Ross the other day. That man can work the geetar! Unbelievable. I was a little worried that my one-year-long aniticpation of seeing this guy play might have been too much, that maybe I had too high of hopes, but he certainly exceeding my expectations. When Kevin Breit picks up the slide, you better run for cover.

He mentioned between songs that they usually play every Thanksgiving, but decided to take last week off (grr). It was his birthday last night too.. He wouldn't do an encore, even though the crowd wanted it so bad!! Then we sang happy birthday to him and he took the stage again but only to talk into the mic for a few mintues.. Something along the lines of "haven't you people had enough?" and then he walked away. [Roll Eyes] Anyway, it was an amazing performance and I'll be checking him out whenever possible.

I picked up the new album that he's made with one of his bands called Folkalarm - a trio with him playing banjos, Russell Boswell on bass fiddle, and Jorn Juul Andersen (drums & percussion). Its titled "Skedaddle". It has some nice tunes on it, fairly mellow though compared to Sisters Euclid.

Archived