Jambands.ca

New Music

fluffhead77

Heard some great new shit this week...

1) New Sufjan Stevens track - Too Much Love - so DOPE!

2) New Zero 7 album called Yeah Ghost - easily my favorite in recent memory

3)Blackstone Heist - saw a song accompanying an amazing stop motion video of a guy painting a giant Battlecat for a He-Man tribute art show. Grabbed the EP for free from their site. Sounds like Radiohead meets the Allmans with touches of funk and jazz and prog. Very very VERY cool shit.

Stop motion video:

Blackstone Heist

www.blackstoneheist.com

Happy Friday Everyone!

More recommendations:

BLK JKS - After Robots - Sort of TV on the Radio with African sensiblites

Attack in Black - Years (by one thousand fingertips) - This album came out a few months ago but is racing to the top of my years favs - think good songwriting, sparce Neil Youngish tendenices

Black Crowes - Before the Frost - If you ever liked the Black Crowes, you will love this album

Rural Alberta Advantage - Hometowns - Start this one on the last two tracks so you don't miss them - Woodhands drummer with a folk duo

Guest Low Roller

Nosaj Thing- Drift

I had this one on my hard drive for a while, but didn't get a chance to listen to it until now. It's a fantastic ambient journey from start to finish, bridging Boards of Canada to The Field via Burial as far as combining atmospheric drones with sharp accents, yet still very melodic with discernible instruments on top of the blip blops common in ambient music.