Jambands.ca

Resampling before burning

CyberHippie

Is this sound?

I have some shows that sound better once I've applied certain EQ settings on winamp. My question is, what's the best way to apply these changes to what I actually burn? What software should I use? Or is it just a matter of setting my winamp output to the wav file write thing?

I'm assuming I'd have to create new wav files, and burn from those?

from what i know, it wont be that easy....

you'll have to open the wav in cool edit pro or soundforge and physically change the wav's to sound the way your eq sets it...

i'm not sure if that makes any sense, but, say your eq is taking down the bass and a little tape hiss. You'll have to open the wav, and manually remove the hiss and the boomy bass...

I cant think of a way that the eq settings can take effect on a wav, as the wav is being played, then the eq setting are occuring....

they aren't exactly happening at the same time...

the only thing i could think that would remotly do what you want is, use wav recorder, or a wav recording program, play the wav using winamp w/ the eq settings, then hit record on the wav recording program....

i'd imagine cool edit pro and soundforge, the program your going to use to do the editing, would also do the recording....

but i dont think thats a good idea....

maybe someone else can give you a better idea.

Archived