Jambands.ca

More Slip news

AdamH

So the Slip are playing Le Swimming as we know.

There are two new albums: Aliveacoustic and Alivelectric, and I'm told they'll be available in Montreal/V.T. and subsequently online. I haven't heard either yet but they will be good, and not be bad.

The Slip have launched their own record label to put these out. Check their site: www.theslip.com.

Please support them, because I can't fall back on the String Cheese if these guys go under [smile]

The new albums kick ass, the acoustic one was aired on CMFU McMaster radio about two weeks ago,Ken from PJC hosts the show,its is a serious album of music,best 74 I have ever heard,kazoos,harp(not harmonica),simply amazing.Get it!!

The electric I personally havent heard yet but a close friend has both(hence the air play) and tells me that the electric is incredible.

I posted a heads up and a link to the online radio a couple weeks ago,I was even the deciding vote on acoustic or electric,not sure but I think the electric was aired last tuesday night,if it wasn't then it will be aired tonight possibly.

Get the acoustic for sure.....shit get em both I say.!!

Cheers to The Slip.

Yeah they've been calling these albums (in particular the Electric which is taken from a number of shows) their masterwork. Andrew was doing a live edit of Spice Groove which I don't know if it made it onto the album when he was on the road from Kingston to Hamilton. I was dyyyying to hear what was going on in those headphones.

Archived