Jambands.ca

Any Digital Camera experts?

CyberHippie

hey man,

i wouldnt worry too much about the purple fringing in the A80. purple fringing is something that a lot of people confuse for something it is not, and it really only occurs at extreme overexposure. most cameras now have better ccd's to compensate for this.

if they are talking about it in a night shot situation, my guess is that they are using extra long exposures...a ccd being open that long will be susceptible to digital noise and the fringing result. the fact is that point and shoot digitals are not meant for that kind of use.

i havent read any of the reviews on purple fringing in the A80, but my initial reaction is that maybe the people who are using it for long night exposures should have gotten a camera tailored for that use.

i dont want to sound like a jerk or anything, but a lot of people come into my store with these problems, that i consider to be petty, because really, i'd be surprised if you noticed something like this 99 times out of 100. its always seemed to me that the people who write these reviews are usually trying to play devil's advocate, trying to find something negative to say, just for the sake of argument. a lot of people have nothing better to do than search for something wrong......

i dunno, just been my experience....

dont worry about the purple fringing. look at the features that are gonna work for you, and the problems that could arise in your situation. if you plan on doing a lot of exposures that are seconds long, like, 4, 8, 15 seconds, yeah, think about the purple fringing, if not, dont worry.......and to be honest, an exposure of 4, 8, or 15 seconds, purple fringing might look kinda cool. hahahah.

over'n'out.

Archived