Jambands.ca

Some fun Ween content...

rubberdinghy

You know, I am thinking this is real, and I could possibly hire Dean Ween/Mickey Moist to take me fishing in Pennsylvania for 300 bucks.

Do you think that a fishing-rod, strung properly, could also double as an erhu? I imagine I could subtly sneak an instrument on board that way, and casually suggest Dean play me a solo on it.

(Yes. I am operating on the presumption he could figure out how to play an erhu. How hard can one string be?)

Mickey also has his own online fishing series called the Brownie Troop Fishing Show that’s kind of like that old Fishing With John series hosted by actor and musician John Lurie, but without the irony. The Deaner is dead fucking serious about fishing.

“Lurie’s show was more about the guests,†Mickey told me. “Mine is about the fishing.â€

I'm glad the Vice article mentions Fishing With John (anybody else hear the theme song play in their head?) it's the first thing I thought of. 'Fishing' with Dennis Hopper in Thailand (largely playing ping pong as I remember), ice fishing with Defoe, the best is Jamaica with Tom Waits his co-star from Down By Law. 'On a river of men, on a river of men..'

Dener is the fucking shit. And so is John Lurie.