Jambands.ca

Florence Bound: Got some Questions

TheAlphaNerd

So today I got the news that I was accepted into a one year exchange program to Florence. I will be doing art history one day a week, and spend the other four days designing electronic art in a studio... wooot!

So I'm already sold, but my girlfriend is on the fence about whether or not to come.

She is an actress, does not speak Italian, and is worried there will not be anything for her to do for 8 month's if she were to come with. Although I would love for her to take up ceramics, mouldmaking, printmaking, and other such fantastic stuff she could maybe do in Italy, her heart is that of an Actress... and I could not bear to take her away from her craft for that long.

So... anyone know Florence? Do you know what the english speaking film / theater community is like there (if there is one)? Are there any good school or training that she could do in Italy (heck even a one day a week course would be enough to satisfy the acting bug)

Thanks in advance...

Wash Uffizi drive me to Firenze!!!

That rocks Myles. Congratulations.

My all too brief stay in Florence (Firenze) for only 3 days was wonderful. It's a great city and absolutely beautiful. It's very central in terms of getting anywhere in Italy in a short time frame (and elsewhere in Europe too of course).

I think your gf would be nuts not to join you on this adventure. I'm sure they could always use a good actress from Canada there for something :)

I work with a woman who went there for University. I can ask her if she has any tips/info as well.