Jambands.ca

The Racist E-Mail by the Harvard 3L

StoneMtn

I absolutely do not rule out the possibility that African Americans are, on average, genetically predisposed to be less intelligent. I could also obviously be convinced that by controlling for the right variables, we would see that they are, in fact, as intelligent as white people under the same circumstances. The fact is, some things are genetic.

http://leiterlawschool.typepad.com/leiter/2010/05/the-racist-email-by-the-harvard-3l.html

While I can accept that socioeconomic class can have an effect on heredity, it's such a thick subject that some stupid white bitch is bound to show off how she thinks she could somehow prove the trailer park is superior to the projects.

Edited by Guest
My apologies if I led anyone to believe that I believe it is a racial issue over a class/structure issue.

it's entirely ridiculous that Ms. Grace would be so stupid as to express that concept in the careless and lazy way in which she did.

While I can accept that socioeconomic class can have an effect on heredity, it's such a thick subject that some stupid white bitch is bound to show off how she thinks she could somehow prove the trailer park is superior to the projects.

Nailed it.

Cute:

"At the other end of the spectrum, not surprisingly, was Orin Kerr (George Washington) who notes fairly that one e-mail, even one reflecting sympathy with racist stereotypes like this one, is not a sound basis on which to assess someone's intelligence and character. That, I think, is the most charitable thing to be said about this whole affair. Or to paraphrase Ms. Grace: "we should absolutely not rule out the possibility that Ms. Grace is not really a right-wing racist and neanderthal.""