Jambands.ca

Gregg Allman Undergoes Liver Transplant

nibbler

TOUR PLANS ON HOLD UNTIL ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAMER FULLY RECOVERS

As part of his continued recovery from Hepatitis C, rock and roll icon GREGG ALLMAN recently underwent a successful liver transplant operation at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla. The singer, keyboardist, songwriter and guitarist had been on a waiting list for the transplant and is looking forward to a speedy recovery.

Read more: link to source

I'm glad Gregg Allman was able to get a liver transplant and I hope he will be health for years to come with his new liver.

Alas, I'm disappointed I won't be able to see the Allman Brothers Band this weekend when I am at Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival in Chicago.

Oh well, maybe Clapton and the Allman Brothers will perform together at bonnaroo next year.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Gregg Out Of The Hospital

Gregory was released from the hospital Friday (7/2) and is now staying nearby with friends for follow-up care. “I got up early and watched the sunrise on the beach this morning, which was amazing†he says. “I’m feeling pretty good and moving around well and we’re going to start talking soon about getting back out on the road, later this year.†Gregg continues to thank all of the hospital staff and fans for their continued support and well wishes--and will keep the updates coming.

Aloha,

Brad