Jambands.ca

CHAPMANIA!!

guigsy

ChapmanSL2.gif

he's arrived. and he's incredible.

hitting 103 on the gun. an 89mph slider that breaks a foot and a half. have mercy!

shoulda heard the crowd "oooohhhhhhh" after his first slider - bigger reaction than 100+ heaters.

i think it was in the Votto-All-Star Game thread i started that i said i'd wait to see where my boys were come september 1st... well...

7 fucking games up!!!!!!!

best record in the NL....

and we just re-loaded with the Cuban Missile...

1 month to go. just hope no one's arms or legs fall off....

hahah, let's wait till October for that, Ollie... i still dont even wanna use the "P" word... 15 years of futility will do that to ya..

deep down, tho, no one believes more than i do. i've had the mlb package basically since the young core of this team starting coming together ('06/'07) and seeing them go from a team that couldnt even spell "fundamentals" to a team that has spent this season giving a clinic in how to play the game "properly" (hard nosed, going first to third, taking the ball the other way, sacrificing at-bats, solid D, etc etc) has been amazing. a serious transformation in only a couple years.

gotta credit the F/O for bringing in the key vets to set the tone (hernandez, rolen, rhodes, cabrera), and though i wasnt thrilled with the dusty hiring in the beginning, gotta say, his fingerprints are all over this team. i hope they can find a way to extend him, because i think there's a lot to be said for a team growing together, manager, players, et al.

Sloth, you better be touchin' a lotta wood over there. ;)