Jambands.ca

Allman Brothers Band: Beacon Theatre Run

bradm

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/25073/Allman-Brothers-Band--Beacon-Theatre-Run

ALLMAN BROS. BACK AT THE BEACON

In a press conference today, The Allman Brothers Band announced a return to the Beacon Theatre, their traditional home where they have played some 190 shows over the past 20 years, for a string of dates in March 2011.

Earlier this year, the band had lost their 2010 booking at the Beacon to a Cirque Du Soleil show called "Banana Shpeel." At the press conference, the band received a personal apology from Jay Marciano, president of MSG Entertainment. Tickets for the March run go on sale December 4.

BEACON THEATRE DATES

03/10/11 Beacon Theatre New York, NY

03/11/11 Beacon Theatre New York, NY

03/12/11 Beacon Theatre New York, NY

03/14/11 Beacon Theatre New York, NY

03/15/11 Beacon Theatre New York, NY

03/17/11 Beacon Theatre New York, NY

03/18/11 Beacon Theatre New York, NY

03/19/11 Beacon Theatre New York, NY

Aloha,

Brad

• 1 month later...

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/25543/Allman-Brothers-Band-Add-Final-Five-Beacon-Dates

The Allman Brothers Band have just added the final five dates to their run at the Beacon Theatre in NYC.

03/21/11 Mon Beacon Theatre New York, NY

03/22/11 Tue Beacon Theatre New York, NY

03/24/11 Thu Beacon Theatre New York, NY

03/25/11 Fri Beacon Theatre New York, NY

03/26/11 Sat Beacon Theatre New York, NY

Aloha,

Brad

I think I might be sitting this year out. I highly recommend it for those who haven't enjoyed the Beacon run (I've done a bunch) You stand a 1 in 2 chance of hearing Midnight Rider since they play it every other night. They'll be obviously toning down the guest appearances from 2009's 40th anniversary run but some familiar faces will be there (Susan Tedeschi)

If you would rather stand for the show, get floor seats, its way harder to stand on the balcony or upper balc. And if you wanna smoke during the set break or show, head for the upper balc - security up there is non-existent and looks the other way when you smoke.

According to my brother who was at Warren Haynes Xmas jam, Greg is apparently still a bit shakey from the surgery and wasn't performing at the jam to the best of his abilities. Hopefully he will have further recovered by March.

For those interested, Mule is taking 2011 off and Warren will be introducing the Warren Haynes Band which no one knows what will sound like. Watch for him playing some smaller venues with the band in 2011.

Edited by Guest