Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Rufus Wainwright & Teddy Thompson @ Massey Hall 12/4/10

TimmyB

RUFUS WAINWRIGHT

TEDDY THOMPSON

MASSEY HALL

SATURDAY DECEMBER 4, 2010

I'm so excited for this gig. I've been calling it the 'Second Generation Tour' for obvious reasons.

I love it when an artist performs an album front to back and that is exactly how tomorrow night is going to go down. Rufus will perform his latest album 'All Days are Nights: Songs for Lulu' in the first set with no clapping or cheering.

I feel like dressing up with some flare tomorrow night, I guess Rufus brings that out in me.

This will be my first time seeing Rufus headline. I saw him with his sister Martha open for Roxy Music at the ACC back in 2001. And last year I saw Rufus again with his sis as well his now late mom and aunt, Kate and Anna McGarrigle perform at Pete Seeger's 90th birhday concert at MSG.

Rufus and his family played some of the greatest performances I had ever seen at Seeger's birthday. First,"The Water is Wide" with Emmylou Harris and Teddy Thompson, then they brought me to tears with Bruce Cockburn in their rendition of "Dink's Song," and finally not including the finale "Michael Row the Boat Ashore" with Tony Trischa, Jacob Silver, Casey Driese, Tim Robbins and his son Miles.

Kate said to Rufus and Martha before they sang "Dink's Song," "Sing good for Pete's birthday" and Rufus replied "Yes Mom."

Tomorrow night he'll be covering one of his mom's songs as well as he will likely perform the Leonard Cohen classic "Hallelujah" with Teddy.

I hope to see all fans of operatic pop there tomorrow night.

Peace,

Tim

Edited by Guest