Jambands.ca

New Hamilton stadium for Ti-Cats...

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

...is going to be exactly where the current one is now. At least according to the joint proposal put forth by the mayor and the Ti-Cat owner.

Plans to demolish Ivor Wynne and make way for the new stadium have to be approved by the city by Feb. 1st.

I'm shocked at the common sense used here. If the stadium moved out of the core of the city to Burlington or the East Mountain like they were saying, the core would have become an even bigger destitute ghetto. Losing the only tourist attraction in that entire part of town would have been devastating to the local economy.

What amazes me is that Bob Young fought tooth and nail against having the new stadium built anywhere other than in suburbia or right next to a major freeway artery, and now he has no problem with remaining right at Barton and Gage. I'm not saying that I personally have a problem with the not-new location - I think it's great - just that it's a real about-face for Mr. Young. I wonder how much money was wasted fighting against the West Harbour proposal before essentially agreeing to not-that-different a proposal.