Jambands.ca

Parking close to Danforth Music Hall

NewRider

You can park on all the neighbourhood streets until midnight and I believe some street parking on Broadview, south of Danforth, is free after 9pm. The Loblaws on Broadview is a paid machine parking (for non shoppers) and might be worth a look, just south of Danforth. There are some Green P parking lots one block north of Danforth at Chester and another around Carlaw. Best bet if you plan on staying past midnight is to park on the street and feed the meter until 9 or at a Green P.

Edited by Guest

Thank you for all your suggestions and help on this thread.

Had an amazing time in that part of Toronto and at that venue. I hope more shows start going there rather than The Opera House or The Phoenix. First Aid Kit did a nice version of Simon and Garfunkle's "America" and I took a video of it. I'll post it here tomorrow.

Thanks again folks.

Sweet. Glad you had a good time, NR. Ive seen many shows there and that place used to be damp and cold. Im happy they put some money into it and updated it. :)

Personally, I think the Phoenix is one of the best venues Ive ever been to anywhere. I love it there! The Opera House though, well, it's charmingly run-down and awkward inside.

My least favourite venue is the Sound Academy. It saddens me that so many good shows are being put there. When it's empty, its one of the best venues in town. When it's sold-out, it is unquestionably the worst venue man has ever created.

Personally, I think the Phoenix is one of the best venues Ive ever been to anywhere. I love it there! The Opera House though, well, it's charmingly run-down and awkward inside.

The Phoenix isn't ALL bad. It's just difficult for me to view the show as opposed to a venue that is on a slant like Danforth or has a few different levels like The Operahouse. Everywhere I went last night I could see the band perfectly.

I'm glad the new look Danforth is good. I liked all three incarnations of the Danforth over the past 12 years (this is its second major renovation and most dramatic, although I really miss the original plush red and gold lobby, small as it was). At least the Opera House's neighbourhood has improved greatly over the past 5 years; if only that dump could do likewise. The Sound Academy was just purchased by a big club developer in the city, so hopefully he'll fix it up. If not, it should be destroyed and the sound techs should be arrested for ruining would-be great shows (Sharon Jones deserved far better).

Edited by Guest

At least the Opera House's neighbourhood has improved greatly over the past 5 years; if only that dump could do likewise.

I don't know how a building inspector hasn't shut them down for that narrow stairwell going down to the washrooms. From what I hear the ladies room is a total fucking disaster. Water all over the floor, toilet seats missing. The mens room isn't bad but has that bathroom attendant at every show. I can wash my own hands and don't want to tip him.