Jambands.ca

SRO @ Beacon?

Booche

Well, I would say "yes"

Do one night, and see if that is enough..........

The Sloth LOVES his Beacon PLQ shows, and by the looks of things, this tour has seen a return to the setlists that us PLQ fans enjoy more than that shite of Summer 2002.

Well, it wasnt shite, but too many new songs that are shite were featured most nights.

I'm going for it. I've got a ticket for the Dec. 3 show. I won't plan on going to Dec. 4; I figure that two "standing" seats (if that's not a contradiction in terms) isn't the best use of my time. Instead, I'll find something else to do that night.

I've tried both the Penn & Beacon hotels, and neither are available for the nights of Dec. 3 & 4. Anybody know of any other decent hotels in that area?

Aloha,

Brad

OK, I think I've got a crazy itinerary that just might work...

Since I'll be in Boston on Dec. 3 (after Phish), I was thinking of tripping to NYC for a couple of days. Phil Lesh is playing the Beacon from Dec. 2-5; I checked with TM, and I can get a "standing" ticket for both Dec. 3 and 4, which fits, timing-wise. My question is whether this is a good place from which to see/hear the show. The tix are US$46 (+ fees) IIRC, which doesn't really bug me. I'm just wondering whether it'd be worth two (or a small number of) NYC nights to stand who-knows-where to see Phil. I could do both nights, just one night (say, Dec. 3) and do something else the next night, or skip the show(s) altogether.

Opinions would be appreciated.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived