Jambands.ca

The Slip - Live in Toronto, Summer 2013

lsamuel3

I think it costs like $5k to get BAM to play a Slip show these days. I believe that's what it cost to get them to play Brooklyn Bowl the other summer.

Anyone wanna make this happen? With their new found Barr Bros stardom, you could probably fill The Garrison or The Drake Hotel for a Slip show I bet.

I don't think the market would bear paying $5k unfortunately, but if there's any kids with deep pockets out there could be an amazing party.

I think we really pulled out much of the Slip's fan base when we did Surprise me Mr. Davis...and to not divulge too much, we lost of a guarantee 1/5 of that.

I've done about 8-10 shows with the Slip - they are such a niche act, it's really tough to make the math work for them.

Best would be if they released a new CD and were on an actual tour, could bring out some new fans too.

Jay, thanks for the detail. You would know better than most for this kind of thing.

Maybe they'd do a hometown MTL show.

Most of us CDN fans just can't make the mission out to NYC, SF or Boston for the 1 or 2 shows they *might* play.

As for that new album, I don't foresee it coming out anytime soon.

I think we can expect a new Barr Bros album probably after the summer, and some festival appearances from the Bros, but nothing Slip-related for a long, long time.