Jambands.ca

Bruce Hornsby 2011-08-25 available

bradm

What a great day that was. Freaker and I were on site very early to load in Bruce's truck and got to set up all of his gear, including the (massive and very road weary) Steinway. After we were done we watched his sound check while tossing around a football labelled "Bruce". Nearly everyone of his road cases had some type of Grateful Dead sticker, both official and fan made. I'd rank him up there with Bruce Cockburn and Joel Plaskett as the nicest, most chill musicians I have ever had the pleasure to work for.

Thanks for the tunes Brad (and Chris)!

Is there any chance that Chris taped Levon Helm's set from that weekend?

Thanks guys. I loved this show. By the way Sean, I still have something for you from that weekend that I have been meaning to get to you for years. Message me your address on that Facebook thing. This was one of my favorite festivals ever. So much good shit went down.

218.jpg

Hahahaa, prior to Mighty Rainbow mr Hornsby is requesting requests. I totally forgot that happened. I was so close to him and he pointed towards me with a smile while I kept screaming "TERRAPIN STATION" - hahhha. Thanks for this reminder boys!  

You can hear ChrisP yelling "Standing On The Moon!"

I'm so glad this Levon bluesfest is here as well, another relisten today!

I had been at The Swell Season and Glen Hansard was so fucking pissed off at the sound bleed on his small stage that he cut that set as short as he could. It was very disappointing feeling his frustrations because he is one of my favorite artists (had to miss him at Jazzfest which almost killed me). Seeing him later on Levon's stage with a huge smile on his face during The Weight totally made my day at Bluesfest. Thanks again Brad. You rock.