Jambands.ca

Phish Winter Run 03 that are worth the DL?

scottieking

Hey! Our uber-picky buddy from Philly ranked the shows(best to worst) after the run was over as such:

Albany

Nassau

Boston

Philly

The Tweezer>2001>YEM from Albany was definetely the shit and although the first set from Boston was a bit stinky and Trey missed the lyrics a bunch, the 2nd set was very strong.

I just started listening to Boston. The sound quality is okay (its not a board) but I had to hit skip during Hood and would have during, was it Chalkdust (whatever it was it wasn't memorable) I'm in the Birds now which seems low energy. I was totally stoked to hear this show too... it looks so good on paper. I'm sure it'll pick up in a minute or two... we'll see

I have a copies of all four but only Boston from LP. The Boston show is damn good with a few mistakes here and there. I would recommend that for sure, and I also like Philly a lot. The sholw show is interesting although maybe not as strong as Nassau. The Albany stuff is solid, and the Holdsworth stuff is not as bad as people are saying. It goes on a little long but isn't terrible. The Possum and Camel Walk are great!

Really - all four shows are decent. Not the best ever - or even the best from 2003 - but worth a listen nonetheless.

Colin

I like Albany, but the other shows are pretty fun. The Wolfman's Brother from Set I Albany is awesome. I just downloaded Boston yesterday, and from what I hear it's alright too. I bought the LivePhish so the sound on all the shows are crispy, can't wait until after my last exam today to really listen to them.

Archived