Jambands.ca

Tonight? (Sunday)

\/\/illy

My friend just convinced me that I should join her here (apparently voted "the best kept secret" somewhere...not that my tastes are similar to anyone that ever votes in those things) -

"Sunday nights in the opulent fin-de-siecle splendour of Toronto's Cameron House (Queen West) Front Lounge, Kevin Quain and his band, the Mad Bastards, splatter the walls with songs about restless corpses, wistful vampires, punchdrunk sailors, singing bank robbers, and barroom romances. Led by singer, songwriter and squeezebox slinger Kevin Quain, and armed with an accordion, doghouse bass, trumpet, a couple of Spanish guitars and a musical saw, the Mad Bastards spin surreal musical tall tales in a fury of sturm, drang and dramatic lighting, furiously smashing and reconstructing musical genres without reck, ruth or relent. Like a chance meeting of Kurt Weill and Hank Williams at a drunken pawnshop heist, this is late twentieth-century garage jazz cabaret noir unlike anything you've seen or heard before......"

We'll see...my interest is definitely piqued [Wink]

Archived