Jambands.ca

got some audio tech questions..

DevO

I'm experiencing technical difficulties this hungover Saturday morning.. Alls I wanna do is put in a cd and make a WAV or an MP3 from one of the songs so that I can use it for a mix cd.. I've done it before but now it seems I can't! What do I do?

I tried just copying the file and then pasting onto the desktop but it just makes a shortcut. Or sometimes it looks like it isn't a shortcut, but then when I go to play it in Windows Media Player, I get a message saying "Cannot play back the file. Format is not supported". Any tips?? Pleeeeze?

One more...

Theres a song I have on cd that I want to use on Kev's Cuts Vol. #18 but I want to cut off the first 40 seconds or so.. Is there a simple way for me to do this?? I was looking around in that EAC program and it looked like a possibility from there but I couldn't get it going.. Anyone?

If you're curious, I'm going for "Mysteries" by Beth Gibbons... Great song but it starts off with about 40 seconds of just water running and nature and whatnot. It works for the album, but not so much for KC#18.

i'd say the simplist way would be to get CD Wave.

It technically doesn't delete the wav, but it splits a wav on a sector boundary.

Just split where you'd to start to delete, and only include the second half (as it splits the wav into two, and the first half is what you dont want) in the mix.

I'm sure there are other programs out there, but this is a small, easy program to use. Load the wav. Split it. Delete the first half of the split.

Archived