Jambands.ca

Carlos del Junco news and shows

Mr. Musicface

Hey there! Carlos is definitely one of the best harp players in Canada, and indeed the world. His smokin' band also features the great Kevin Breit on guitar, definitely worth checking out. Below is from his mailing list:

quote:

NEWS: thanks to all who voted me in for 2003 Harmonica Player of The Year Award at last night’s Maple Leaf Blues Awards. The new recording will get underway in early Feb. (we were supposed to be recording this week, but Kevin Breit had some last minute obligations to Nora Jones).

Never seen the band in concert before? There is an 8 minute long promotional video with brief interview and concert clips that was just posted on the LiveTourArtists web site which is my official booking agency if you would like to check it out (will only work with anyone with a high speed connection like cable). Go to:

CALENDAR: The only official date to see the band in the next few months in Toronto, ON is this coming Saturday January 24 .

This will be featuring Kevin Breit on guitars again (!!) as well as Jørn Andersen on drums and Henry Heillig on bass. This will be the second time (sorry to anyone who came to the Mississauga Living Arts Centre – Kevin was supposed to be there but got the flu the day before!) that I get to share the stage with Kevin Breit in over a year as he has been too busy recording and touring with various international stars.

Jan. 24 Toronto ON CAN - Silver Dollar (featuring Kevin Breit)

Feb. 6 Barrie ON CAN - Queens Hotel (as guest w/ Mike Branton)

Feb. 7 Barrie ON CAN?- Tara Restaurant (as guest w/ Mark Sepic)

Feb. 8 Chatham ON CAN - Chatham Cultural Centre

Feb. 11 Westlake OH USA?- The Savannah

Feb. 12 Chicago IL USA - Fitzgerald's TO BE CONFIRMED

Feb. 13 Stevens Point WI US - Witz End

Feb. 14 Green Lake WI US - Thrasher's Opera House

Feb. 18 Québec City QC CAN - Cabaret du Capitole (showcase)

Peace,

Mr. M.

quote:

Originally posted by jon:

you headin' to the the show this saturday Jay?

i would totally be into checking that out...especially wth Mr. Breit in the lineup.

A good friend of mine is having a birthday thing down around Harbourfront, but I'm gonna try to head over after - just gotta see if my wife's up for it. But hopefully, yeh!

- M.

Archived